Question about shipping to people who sell their iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RealSkyDiver, Mar 13, 2012.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Do you just get a box from a office-store and pad it with news-paper?
    And if I use express mail should I just get the express mail flatrate boxes?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Uh, I'd bubble wrap the hell out of it. And insure it.

3. JS3 macrumors regular

You wanna get a box around 12x12x8 to leave some room. ANd get some packing peanuts or bubble wrap and wrap it real well. News paper doesn't work that well especially for unknown shipping impacts.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I don't think there is an express mail box, is there? Priority yes, but express too? As far as protection, personally I prefer bubble wrap.

For express mail, personally I'd use FedEx instead...it evens out on price once you consider insurance and signature confirmation. And the tracking is worlds better.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I keep the original iPad box, so after repackaging it in there, I'd probably go with one of the larger flat-rate boxes and then pad it with whatever I have around (sometimes I have packing peanuts or bubble wrap from other shipments).

The last few gadgets I've sold, I decided to just do locally via Craigslist and both sold within hours. Sold my original iPad 32gb 3G for $500 last March (after iPad 2 came out). Hoping to get $550 out of my 64gb iPad 2 3G this weekend (locally).

6. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

THIS is what I was referring to.
    I won't got with FedEx or UPS since I never use their service before and would be too much hassle at this point. USPS should do just fine.

7. badpinoy macrumors regular

would it be easier to reuse the box it originally came in?