Question about the BTS Promo with iPod and Printer...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DeusInvictus7, Jun 4, 2010.

1. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Hey guys,

So I bought my new MBP with the free printer and iPod this week and just had a question about the rebate process. Since I am in Canada, I can't do the rebate online, instead it has to be mailed in. I know I have to include all the original UPCs and receipts with it, but my question is:

Can I mail both rebates in the same envelope, stapling the printer UPC to the printer rebate, and the iPod UPC to the iPod rebate, and then just having the Mac UPC just in the envelope?

I mean, there's only one Mac UPC obviously, and I need to send it with the rebates, so I'm just wondering how to go about doing that.

Thanks
    Christian

2. BIS2 macrumors regular

Printer/BTS promo

I've done this a couple of times and I don't remember perfectly but I'm pretty sure you send them to separate addresses (but maybe not in Canada)? I believe you can send a copy of the computer UPC thing with the printer rebate. But I would just call the apple store and double check.....

3. OriginalNot macrumors member

This is a great question, I was wondering the same thing too. If anyone has an answer for us that would be great will phone apple tonight though too.

4. Poelser macrumors newbie

Great question indeed. I'm in the exact same situation actually.

So to get things going I mailed a copy of my Mac UPC and a copy of my IPod UPC to Apple yesterday.
    I'll see if it works with copies-only and if it does then I'll go for the printer rebate.

Still wondering why this cannot be done online since they already have your name and UPC together in their database. :confused:

5. DeusInvictus7 thread starter macrumors 68020

It says on the rebate form that copies/duplicates will not be honored. That's why I had the question in the first place.

Hopefully I can just toss the Mac UPC in the envelope and just staple the rest of the documents to the respective forms.

6. Poelser macrumors newbie

^Ok, sorry I did not read that. (Still don't find it but never mind)

Though after reading the promo faq thoroughly again it does actually state that if you want to get more than one rebate (and the address you need to send the UPCs to is the same for both) you should send everything in one envelope and just write the title of both rebates on it. :)
    (thats from the german site btw, don't know if it is the same everywhere)

So I just send a useless letter to the UK. :D

7. OriginalNot macrumors member

Just got off the phone with apple customer service and they recommended copying the upc.

This was in Canada by the way... if they don't honor it I will be quite frustrated.

8. DeusInvictus7 thread starter macrumors 68020

Wait a sec. They said it was ok to send in copies? Or did they say that they recommend that you copy the UPC and keep the copy for your records and send the original?

9. Ives927 macrumors newbie

Hey, I just purchased a Mac and I'm wondering if I have to physically cut out the UPCs. Can I just peel the sticker off the printer, mac, and iPod?

10. slicktor macrumors member

slicktor

Hi :), i also live in Canada and just received my macbook pro with the printer and ipod as well.
    So does anyone know if I can just staple all the papers and UPC's together and mail it in one envelope?

11. EzhnoWolf macrumors member

Went through the process in May and this is what I did:

1) Cut out the UPC for the Mac, iPod, and Printer.

2) Make 1 copy of all the UPC's for your reference (In case anything screws up with Apple's Rebate Centre).

3) Make a copy of the Mac UPC.

4) Attach the original Mac UPC with the iPod rebate form and iPod UPC. Attach the photocopied Mac UPC with the Printer rebate form and Printer UPC.

I went with the direct deposit option and the rebate was relatively quick (within a month I got my rebate deposited into my bank account).

Cheers! :)

12. EzhnoWolf macrumors member

I put it all in one envelope.

I stapled all the iPod rebate stuff together and stapled all the Printer rebate stuff together.

I also included a void cheque for both the iPod and Printer rebate forms.

13. EzhnoWolf macrumors member

I peeled off all my UPC's but I will warn you that you need to peel them off VERY SLOWLY. It took me a good 5 minutes to peel off each UPC without riping the sticker.

If you don't have the patience for that, just cut out the box!