Question about the echo effect on 4S under iOS 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Nov 12, 2011.

1. miragebg, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

miragebg macrumors 6502a

Hello, I couldn't find a previously published post about this problem, but sometimes when making call I can hear my own voice like echo. This normally happens when I speak lauder than normal.
    Does this problem appear after upgrading to 5.0.1?
    Is this software or hardware issue?

Thanks in advance!

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It could be the phone but it's most likely the carrier (ie. the connection). I've rarely had an echo but when I have hanging up and calling back resolves it.

3. UHFrank macrumors member

UHFrank

My guess that is the noise canceling working. It happens to me when I'm in a rather loud area

4. Brazzy macrumors regular

i get a terrible echo when i use headphones to make a call. it's so bad that i end up taking the earphones out and using the phone normally.

btw, the update did not fix the problem for me. :(

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I've only had this happen, when calling my dad's cheap flip phone.

6. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

The problem here is not when external earphones are connected, but the phone itself is making echo. It is not so laud, but still there.

7. tadziak macrumors regular

I get the same issue, sound like having your voice amplified over microphone? I have the feeling its a bit better with 5.0.1. I also noticed that it depends a bit on how you hold the phone. When i hold it in the bottom it tends to be worse...

8. OEMom macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I got replacement headphones (under warranty) and it fixed the problem.

9. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, can we consider this as a software rather than hardware issue?

10. tadziak macrumors regular

I'm still confused about that issue. Some people claim that a replacement helped. Some that it did not. Im a bit torn because I'm mostly annoyed by hearing myself amplified in the earpiece when talking. I was hoping that it can be fixed by some software update but I loose hope.

11. nefa macrumors member

My boyfriend has the same problem, we are wondering now if it's worth to get a replacement or not...