Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2005
For anyone who has one of these, could you tell me if it says gigabit ethernet anywhere on the box? I recently bought the non-gigabit one and switched them out at my local store today (the Apple people there don't seem to be hardcore fans, don't tend to know subtle things like the silent gigabit ethernet upgrade)... anyways, someone claimed that it was "newly unboxed", and it did have a new model number, but I don't see gigabit anywhere on the box.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2005
So I just checked by adding the current one to my cart on store.apple.com and it comes up with the same product number as mine, which is MB053LL/A in case anyone is curious.

I'll unbox it now and post if it turns out it's not gigabit, for whatever reason.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2005
The details over the ports are in the manual.....I know I know....but this time you'll have to read it! ;)

My goal was to determine this without cracking the seal on the box... I got bored of waiting, though :)

AngelGuy7

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
New York
Well it looks like you opened it up already so this news may not be new to you, but yes it should mentioned "Gigabit" on the box. I bought one of the older ones as well and managed to swap it (unopened) for the new one at the Apple Store.

Shoim32

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
On the bottom of the box, it states that the ports are gigabit ports. Just picked up mine earlier today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.