Question about upgrades and buying phone full price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lionqueen, Oct 12, 2012.

1. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I had an upgrade last year, so i used it to buy the 4S when it came out. A check of my status this past June revealed that my next upgrade was May 2013. Cool. Iphone 5 comes out, and i got it at full price, since i didnt have an upgrade to use. I knew that and was fine with it.

Today I check my upgrade date out of curiosity, and its jumped to May 2014.

What?

I paid full price for my phone, I didnt use any upgrade, so why has my upgrade date changed? Or am I missing something obvious here?

2. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ace198 macrumors regular

Calling your cell phone carrier would be a great idea. They can solve your problem as you paid full price.

4. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

5. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice :) just wanted to make sure that this isnt some rule that everyone knows about but me or something.

6. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Although i should point out that yes, obviously i know to call my provider. I simply wanted to know if this had happened to anyone else. I thought maybe it was a rule i didnt kknow about.

I swear, people here are so quick to get snippy or treat people asking questions like theyre being dumb. I shouldnt have to go into some preamble about 'yes, i know i should call my provider'.