Question: Do you use iPhone apps on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stagmeister, Aug 3, 2010.

1. stagmeister macrumors regular

I don't have an iPad, but I am curious: Do you avoid iPhone apps that don't have a specialized iPad interface? Or are you generally happy to use iPhone apps and just double their size in the screen?

2. Baschdi616 macrumors newbie

I avoid them, because they don't look good and bad to use. The only iPhone App I use is Skype.

3. Maziar macrumors 6502

I don't use iPhone apps,because when i tried some,i found that with 2x zoom,everything looks a little blurry.

4. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Skype because there is still no native iPad app. But that's it - any app that I would use that is iPhone only at this stge is added tommy iTunes watchlist. I then check on a semi-regular basis to see if an iPad version has been added.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Depends on the app. Some games, for example, do just fine doubled up, and aren't worth paying the extra for an HD version even if one is available.

6. prot0type macrumors regular

I have some iPhone/Touch apps that I keep on my iPad since I used to own a Touch.

Some are games that I'm fine with expanding and don't want to pay for the HD version. Same goes with some utilities that even though don't take advantage of the screen are still useful as is.

I still prefer apps made specifically for the iPad, if it's universal even better.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

8. apkent macrumors newbie

I've owned my iPad a little over 6 weeks now and the only time I opened any of my iphone apps was to see how poor they looked at 2x.

Since then it's been native iPad apps only.

9. LGgeek macrumors newbie

mine is JB and I use lots : firewall Ip, bosspaper, ifile,catergories , toneFXs to name a few. For things like firewall ip doing the 2X and having it slightly blurry isn't big issue as your just doing settings that you will not be doing over and over.

10. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

I wish the GPS apps had iPad versions. Have TomTom and Navigon, gets the job done by doubling up but definitely looks a little weird.

11. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

12. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

The one iPhone/iPod only app I use is the logitec touch mouse. My mini is hooked up to my TV mounted on the wall above my desk. It's not very ergonomical for my neck sitting at my desk so I lay in bed and use the touch mouse app on my app to do some simple tasks. Even though I could very easily control my iTunes on my iPhone, I like having the larger screen surface when using the mouse and keyboard function.

13. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Yea, I don't use them.
    They look ****** when you 2x it.

14. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

ooTunes Radio, the only one. I mean it's Radio, 1x, 2x -- doesn't matter.

15. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I use Capella and USAA. They both suck because they are tiny.

16. xraytech macrumors 68020

I avoid using iPhone apps on my iPad. Not only are iPhone apps not optimized for the larger screen, some iPhone apps may not run on an iPad.

17. AR15MBP macrumors regular

besides speedtest, no. i thought with the new retina display coding the apps would look decent, but it's still too blurry and a waste of ipad's great screen.

18. saberahul macrumors 68040

Same here. I need some like Mint and others but I can wait. Only one I use is skype (which i haven't even used yet since i do more on BB).

19. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

+1

Some iPhone games are fine and some look like garbage. The HD versions may not be worth the upgrade on a lot.

If I can get the iPad option I would choose that 1st.

Problem is that iPad HD versions are often a lot more expensive than the regular and if I've already paid for it once its hard to justify paying for it again...

20. holyjohn macrumors regular

I have lots of iPhone apps in my iPad. They are usually for reference, and some of them are actually good apps despite the graphic looks bad when zoomed in.

'100 push-ups' app is definitely my favorite app on iPad, I use it whenever I exercise at home :)
    Other apps include audiobooks....

21. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I have many iPhone apps on my iPad but if the developer comes out with an iPad version I quickly dump the iPhone one. Some of the apps just aren't out on iPad yet. While the initial onslaught of apps for the iPad were good there really hasn't been much coming out recently.

22. SA22C macrumors regular

I believe that the higher-res art is only supported by 4.xx, so the iPad won't benefit from the Retina-specific iPhone art until we get 4.xx in the fall. Once that happens, hopefully the high-res iPhone apps will run at 1x in the same window as the current 2x apps run.

As a 'for instance,' if you run Angry Birds on iPad using FullForce, the art looks quite crisp, because there are high-res assets available. If mobilesubstrate wasn't crashing my other apps I'd still be using it. :(

23. mrathee macrumors 6502

I use a few iPhone apps - facebook (just for quick notification checks. I know the website works.), remember the milk, and dogood

If you need to use an app on iPad that isn't native, you'll quickly get over the keyboard and bad visuals just because you clearly have a real need for it.