Question for existing AT&T customers who purchased i3g from AT&T Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orijinal, Sep 25, 2008.

1. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

Did AT&T allow you to keep your existing texting plan? The past couple times I've purchased an iPhone 3g, I've gone to the Apple Store and they forced me to remove my existing texting plan and adopt one of the plans currently offered (at ripoff prices, no less).

I heard that AT&T stores allow you to keep everything that is existing on your plan, including texting, while just adding the data plan. Can anyone confirm this?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yeah, there prices are the same for iPhone texting and regular texting.

3. reliantj macrumors 6502

what if my Family Plan includes Unlimited Texting already?
    will that apply for my iphone as well?

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes it will apply. Family unlimited texting is also the same price for the iPhone ($30 for all lines, unlimited).

5. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

Err, I mean, I have a grandfathered texting plan that is not being offered anymore. I would like to keep it without having to adopt one of the new plans. Is this possible?

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Technically yes, but you're going to have to make sure the rep doesn't change it. They're likely to try and feature flip you.

7. Treypound macrumors newbie

the att store wont make u change ur current plan for texting jus the 30 dollar data plan at least they let me keep everything on my current plan the same as before the iphone

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got (5) iPhones on my Family Plan and have had the UTM ($29.99) for all lines. No change to our plan...:cool:

9. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

yeah, i don't think they would make you change your plans since UTM is still being offered currently. i was asking more for grandfathered (not offered anymore) texting plans. :D

to everyone else, thanks for the replies!

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

What exactly was your texting plan?

I think they keep everything the way it was and just add the $30 data plan.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What features did the Apple Store take from you, and what TM plan do you have now? We started out with the $4.99 per line media bundle for 200 TMs, and 5MB data download internet/email/ringtones/music. It was actually cheaper to go with the $29.99 Family Plan since our TMs alone exceed 6,000...:cool:

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

:eek:
    OH NO! You BETTER NOT be starting a new trend with this "i3G" crap. Listen to me everybody, do NOT start calling the iPhone 3G "i3G". I thought I was done with hearing stuff like "iTouch" when I got an iPhone. Please, do not do it.

:(

13. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

... it was so i could fit everything into the title, without having to double check if it fit. relax, i didn't call it "i3g" anywhere else but there. neither did anyone else. excuse you while i climb my ladder and ladder hop backwards slowly with a blank face.

anyway, i have an old plan for 1500 texts for ~$8. it's better for me than whatever they're offering now. i just hope i can keep it.

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Or the title could have been "Existing AT&T users who purchased an iPhone 3G from AT&T Store?" You don't have to put "Question for" if you have a "?" at the end of the title.

15. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

@ Spaz - why are you making a big deal over nothing? i can title my threads however i want. i could call the iphone an "Eyefone thre3jay" if i wanted. who cares?

back to relevant information:
    Anyone know if best buy imposes new texting options as well for existing customers?