Question for iPhone 5 users who went to the Apple store for the "Sleep button" recall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rpetunderclass, Jul 11, 2015.

1. rpetunderclass macrumors regular

My Apple Store is about 60 miles away and I'm complementing if it would be worth to go, or if I should just mail in my device (since I don't want to make another trip there if they send off to the Apple Repair Center).

When you went into the Apple Store did you get a refurbished replacement on the spot, or was your device sent to the Apple Repair Center after you dropped it off at the Apple store?

Or was it repaired on the spot?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. rpetunderclass thread starter macrumors regular

I should also note my device is out of warranty, was this your case?

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you go to the support page and your serial number qualifies then warranty status makes no difference.

It's a replacement in store and if you mail it in. Repairing a sleep button is time consuming.

5. rpetunderclass thread starter macrumors regular

Makes sense, it say's I qualify, so that would override any issue processing the replacement .

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

That depends. If your device looks like it's been dropped or smashed then your replacement won't be happening lol

7. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

Mine was just swapped in store when I had my Genius appointment, I also had wifi problems though but that aside they said the button cannot be fixed so just gave me a new handset.