Question for people who own the sports edition

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iphone joe, Sep 12, 2015.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

How are the sport editions holding up? How about the ones that were purchased at launch? Any damage? Do they still look good?

2. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

I haven't had mine since launch but it looks great still. No marks or damage at all.

3. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Mine from launch still looks great. Can't speak for the screen though since I put a protector on it. I knew at work the screen would get rubbed against stuff so I didn't want to chance it.

4. cambookpro, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Launch day silver Sport here. It's flawless, save for a couple of tiny scratches on the plastic circle on the back, probably from something like grit being on the charger when I plugged it in.

Doesn't bother me though obviously as you never see it. The aluminium body and screen are genuinely still perfect.

5. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

have a space grey sport from around launch period. the back of mine is scratched on the sensor too - i have no idea why. it only rests either against the charger or my wrist. well maybe not, when i take it off in the washroom, i place it on my washroom counter. so maybe that caused the scratches.

When looking at the screen in light, you can see fine scratches - very fine though, you need a powerful light. In normal everyday/sunlight you can't see them at all. no scratches/dings on the body at all. i have a leather loop and that is in good condition too.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Mine is holding up great. No scratches or dings yet. It looks stunning with a $30 knockoff stone leather loop and stone colored font on the modular watch face on WatchOS2.

7. benchmarkman macrumors newbie

Holding up fine. The one thing that does annoy me is that the watch face does not resist finger prints or dust at all. I'm constantly cleaning it 4 or 5 times a day with a micro cloth because of smudges. I didn't have to clean my moto360 once during the 6 months that I owned it. Just a little nit pick though.

8. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

9. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I've noticed a few almost invisible scratches on my display. I was gonna try to take a picture but you have to be in the right light at the right angle to see any of them. Otherwise, it's like new.

10. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I have had mine since launch and I just recently scratched the screen. Not too noticeable. I'd say mine is holding up great considering I seem to bang it into walls all the time.

11. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

I haven't had mine very long yet (a few weeks), but I do have one scuff on the aluminum near the glass. Nothing on the screen though.

12. Norcal. macrumors regular

Mine has held up well to the point where it almost looks to be in perfect condition. It's definitely been through alot though, taking it to work every day and i've dinged it on things more than several times.

13. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Had mine almost 2.5 months
    Used when I run, work out, and work
    [​IMG]

14. davideotape macrumors 6502

Nothing wrong with mine. Did upgrade to the SS because i found one for $100 off and i think its a dressier option but was impressed with mine. How it held up and how much i use it is another one of the reasons i thought upgrading was a fine choice.