Question for Straight Talk users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfeeney23, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jfeeney23 macrumors newbie

Have any of you tried using your ST sim in an iPad?

I'm still under AT&T for my iPhone contract, but am planning on switching to Straight Talk in the near future so I can save a little extra money that will go towards an iPad. I would like to avoid paying 2 wireless bills, so I am wondering if I could just switch my ST sim from my phone into the iPad and use it for data when I'm on long train rides and such? I don't need to pay for monthly data on an iPad, but there are a few times where it would come in handy.

Or is there a better option if I stick with AT&T or even another carrier? I was hoping shared data plans would ease the cost, but after seeing Verizon's options I'm not too hopeful.

Thanks!

2. Jasper84 macrumors regular

I'm currently using straight talk on a AT&T 4s if you jailbreak your 4s you can tether the data from your 4s to your iPad you could even save some money and just buy the wifi version iPad hope this helps I haven't tried putting my straight talk micro sim in my iPad 3 4g LTE from verizion but people have mentioned there at&t micro sim works in a verizon iPad I just haven't needed do so haha I'm chicken my luck it would break my iPad or mess the ST sim lol

3. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Haven't tried it with my iPad (as it is WiFi only) but put my AT&T SIM from my iPhone 3GS into my brothers LG Encore (which has the "baby web" as Steve Jobs used to say) But it worked! I think it would work on an iPad.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I know this is doable with an AT&T 'iPhone sim" so I wouldn't think it would be any different with an iPad, really.

5. Nothlit macrumors regular

It would probably work, but would seem to be a violation of Straight Talk's TOS:

Whether they could actually detect this and would actually terminate your account over it, I have no idea. I wish that it were allowed.

6. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Yes it would work - you won't get LTE though.