Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryanleung

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Hey guys, got a question for the current Iphone users:
how many of you would consider Iphone as your friend??:confused::confused::apple:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hey guys, got a question for the current Iphone users:
how many of you would consider Iphone as your friend??:confused::confused::apple:

This is scary :eek:

An inanimate object is your friend!? :eek:

You definitely need to put down your phone, and get out of the house WAY MORE. Friends are sentient beings, often other humans, with whom you have a relationship. You talk to them, sometimes actually in their presence. Maybe even go out for coffee...

OMG...

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
This is scary :eek:

An inanimate object is your friend!? :eek:

You definitely need to put down your phone, and get out of the house WAY MORE. Friends are sentient beings, often other humans, with whom you have a relationship. You talk to them, sometimes actually in their presence. Maybe even go out for coffee...

OMG...

The OP might have some mental issues to work out... Good thing the OP got to talk to a Shrink! :p

Ba dum ching! ;)

Thank you I'll be here all night...

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe if it was good at hydroponic farming. Haha. Otherwise, its just a device man.

It's friday night, maybe you should go out.

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Friend: companion, soul mate, intimate, confidante, confidant, familiar, alter ego, second self, playmate, playfellow, classmate, schoolmate, workmate; ally, associate; sister, brother; best friend, kindred spirit, bosom buddy, bosom friend; informal pal, chum, sidekick, crony, main man, mate, buddy, bud, amigo, compadre, homeboy, homegirl, homie;

Phone: telephone, cell phone, cell, car phone, cordless phone, speakerphone; extension; informal blower, horn.

Lonely: isolated, alone, lonesome, friendless, with no one to turn to, forsaken, abandoned, rejected, unloved, unwanted, outcast; gloomy, sad, depressed, desolate, forlorn, cheerless, down, blue. ANTONYMS popular.

So, no, my iPhone is not my friend. It's a nice device, I like it as a device, but I have no emotional connection to it nor it to me.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
Friend? I consider it to be my girlfriend! Every night I put her next to me on my lovely pillow and talk to her for hours and hours about anything we want. I then kiss her goodnight and then finally put her to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I always turn around and she's still there, as beautiful as ever, it's like she's just been waiting there all night for me to finally make love to her again! I know people think it's wrong as I'm 20 and she's under a year old, but I can't help it, I'm in love! Thank God her parents don't know though, her father (3GS) died just before she was born and her mother (3G) got lost. Either way I feel my iPhone 4 is old enough to make her own decisions and she's clearly chosen me, she loves me and I love her!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Friend? I consider it to be my girlfriend! Every night I put her next to me on my lovely pillow and talk to her for hours and hours about anything we want. I then kiss her goodnight and then finally put her to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I always turn around and she's still there, as beautiful as ever, it's like she's just been waiting there all night for me to finally make love to her again! I know people think it's wrong as I'm 20 and she's under a year old, but I can't help it, I'm in love! Thank God her parents don't know though, her father (3GS) died just before she was born and her mother (3G) got lost. Either way I feel my iPhone 4 is old enough to make her own decisions and she's clearly chosen me, she loves me and I love her!

I have a couple of free treatment hours available. I'm sure I could fit you in. Medications are available, too :D

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
My phone satisfies many needs for me (no dirty jokes please) and allows me to complete many tasks that I would not normally be able to complete unless I'm sitting in front of a computer. It also allows me to communicate on the go.

However, I do not consider it my friend. :D A friend is something that you can have a relationship with. My phone is smart, but not that smart. :p

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Um, WTF? :confused:

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
2z9edee.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.