Question for those who have preordered directly through Verizon in the past...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MosesOlsen, Sep 9, 2014.

1. MosesOlsen macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what to do exactly. I am doing a "transfer upgrade" and I really don't want to screw this up. If I do it through Apple, I'm not sure I can do the transfer upgrade at the time of the sale. Wouldn't I have to go to the store to get it all sorted out?

If I order through Verizon, will I get the iPhone 6 on release day or will they ship on that day?

Thanks.

2. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

I received mine one day before release date, last time I preorder. The best thing to do in my opinion is call Verizon and have them walk you through it.

3. mikeydooodie macrumors member

apple can't do transfer upgrades. what i plan on doing it signing into my verizon account at about 2:55amEST transferring the parade to my line then at 3:01amEST hitting upgrade which hopefully brings me to the page of all the phones and it lists iPhone 6 pre order and then i order it. might just call verizon tomorrow to make sure thats how it rolls

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

If you are doing a transfer upgrade, go through Verizon. It will just make it more painless if issues arise during activation. Make sure to call though and get the number swapped over to the iPhone 6 though before setting it up. I have had it a few times where doing an upgrade like this then setting it up at home without calling 611 first resulted in messed up lines and contract dates.

When I preordered my Verizon iPhone 4 many years ago (2011) I actually received it 3 days before they officially went on sale to the public and I was very happy. I have never preordered through Apple.com for shipping though.