Question for those with a delivery date of 6/24 but got the apple email.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psychonaut, Jun 23, 2010.

1. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Did any of you who ordered from Apple direct get a shipping date of 6/24 but also get the email from Apple stating you would have your iPhone 4 on 6/23 (a day early) actually get the phone today?

I am asking because both myself and a friend are in this situation. Looking at FedEx and just now calling them they are holding to the 6/24 delivery date.

I dont mind waiting another day but I took today off to be here for delivery and if it's not coming I might as well go into work.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Yes, I ordered from Apple at 3:33PM PDT and had a delivery time of 24 June by 4:30 PM CST (I live in east central Illinois). I also got the e-mail.

I am also sitting here with my new iPhone and am getting ready to go to Best Buy to see if I can get a case for it. It will not fit in my Otterbox defender case that has protected my 3Gs for a year.

3. psychonaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. 1 other question, did your tracking ever change to "Out for delivery"?

4. twofivethreetwo macrumors newbie

I ordered from Apple and had a delivery date of June 24. I also got the email saying it would be the 23rd. FedEx still says mine is at the sort facility in Dallas (2 hours from me) but calling their IPD number they said mine was on the truck for delivery today. Their website tracking system is down for now so mine still says June 24 and not in my city even though its on the truck now.

5. spades1412 macrumors 6502

My iPhone was just delivered about 15 minutes ago. FedEx tracking is still showing a scheduled delivery date of June 24th by 4:30pm. Its still showing that the package is at the sort facility. I also received the email from Apple yesterday morning saying I would receive the phone today the 23rd.

6. christyn macrumors 6502a

Called and its still at the facility (which is in my city). They're calling to see if its going to be leaving for delivery before the end of the day.

7. myosh macrumors member

I placed my order on June 15th at 1:45 PM PT and was given a delivery date of June 24th from both Apple and FedEx. I got the e-mail a couple of days ago saying my phone will be delivered on the 23rd.

FedEx online tracking shows my phone leaving Oakland on 6/22 at 3:50 PM on it's way to the San Jose area (approx 50 miles) with no further updates. I called a 1-800 number given in another thread and the lady with FedEx says my phone is out for delivery so it looks like the online tracking system is lagging pretty good right now.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No it did not, because of the rush today FEDEX servers are way behind. I noticed a Thread that they are down but not to panic.

On one of the threads concerning the e-mail there was a FEDEX numberr that you can call to talk to a person. I called they told me my phone was at the local office waiting for an afternoon delivery, I asked if I could go and get it, they gave me the phone number of the local office, I made arrangements and was there in 20 minutes. There was no line, the counter lady had my phone behind the counter for me, checked my ID, I signed and was out in about 4 minutes.

I came home and activated the phone thru iTunes it took no time at all even for the AT&T portion of it. :D

9. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

OP I am in the same boat as you.
    Mine still says 24th by 4.30pm for BOTH of my iPhones.
    I am taking the day off work too, but I also watched the USA and ENgland play in the World Cup this morning.

Fedex site updates indicate on in transit from Oakland, CA, and the other at the Seattle sort facility, yet both were supposed to be delivered today according to the email from Apple.

10. GameraFan macrumors regular

Just signed for our two. One was to be delivered today and one tomorrow per Fed Ex but we did get the Apple e-mails saying today. Tracker still says they are at the Dest Sort Facility.

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

FEDEX Number to call for info

Try calling FedEx IPD (1800-455-4588)

This is from another thread and they helped me a lot. Nice person on the other end who has received a lot of our calls.