Carrier Question: How can I buy Verizon IP7+ outright but use it on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BernardMadoff, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BernardMadoff macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a Verizon IP7+ outright and use it on T-Mobiles network since it's unlocked.

The issue I'm running in to is providing my Verizon account on checkout on Apples website. I believe I read other people were doing the same. Just curious how you did it.

2. vajeff macrumors member

I just did it yesterday for MB 7+ and Gold 7+ (Both Verizon). Was not on-line though. I lucked out on a random check, and saw the two I wanted on iStock at one of my local Stores in Virginia Beach, VA.

I went to the IUP Reserve Site, and reserved them (one under my Apple Account, and the other under my wife's). We had a 5:00 Reservation showed up at 4:45 and we were out by 5:30.

We wanted to do the Upgrade Program, but since we were not activating on T-Mobile we had to buy outright (just as I expected based on everything I have read on here). We like Interest Free stuff so we are using other money (at no cost to us) than what is in our accounts. We just applied in store for the Barclay Apple Visa (this is then considered Outright Purchased by Apple), and did them at 18 month interest free. We will have them paid for next year at this time to upgrade again.

We left the store with the phones still sealed in the box, and when we got home, I popped our T-Mobile SIMs in and they are working just fine on T-Mobile.