Question Installed Windows8.1 on Imac, No sound at all even after the installation o

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Aditya211096, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Aditya211096, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014

Aditya211096 macrumors newbie

I installed Windows8.1(VL) on my :apple:Imac a few days back and since then i have been getting this issue of no sound. There is this red cross on the sound icon at the bottom right. I have installed all the drivers(Well There is Only One-Realtek HD Audio) and after that also there is no sound. Whenever I troubleshoot it, It shows No Issues detected(It cannot find one). Please suggest me the right way to fix this problem, I have been missing all those great sound qualities in a game of FIFA or Bioshock Infinite.

I installed Windows8.1 pro by mistake on the full harddrive, I mean i removed the Mac OSX fully by mistake and now there is just Windows on My Imac!!!:eek:

Please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible!!

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Is OS X gone or simply hidden?
    If you boot while holding down the option key do you get the option of booting back into OS X?
    If not then you should still be able to use Recovery to wipe out Windows and reinstall OS X.
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4718

3. Aditya211096 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to reinstall OSX, I want Windows but with SOUND!!

Please just help me get my sound back on Windows, I don't want OSX cause then it would be not possible to play games on it. So i want to remain as windows but With sound and It is completely wiped out!! #Gjwilli.....

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Where did you get the drivers?
    if you didn't get them from Apple then search for the Bootcamp support software for your particular Mac, download it to a FAT formatted USB stick and run the setup from within Windows.
    If you did get them from Apple then I'm afraid I've got nothing else to suggest.

5. Aditya211096 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will they install all at once or do I have to do them One By One!!!

But I installed them from Bootcamp site only!

Lemme do that again..

6. Mangchi macrumors member

FYI, using ExFAT will give you the ability to read the stick, being OS agnostic.

7. yjchua95 macrumors 604

An OS X partition MUST exist.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Well that's not true.
    If he booted off of the Windows install disc he could have wiped out OS X.
    In fact if he did an EFI install of 8.1 that could explain his lack of sound.

He should do a recovery of OS X and then use boot camp to make the OS X partition as small as possible and then install 8.1 on the larger boot camp partition.