Question iphones and diff carriers

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Ok so now that the iphone is supported on all carriers if not all most.

My question here is ok say i am on t-mobile and i buy an iphone 5 someone who has it on AT&T in the newer update will i be able to get the bands for t-mobile to work? or it has to be a specific iphone for t-mobile.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
In general tmobIle and att use compatible phones. It will work on both carriers.

BUT

Recently Apple released a special AWS band phone that takes advantage of tmobIle latest high speed technology ASSUMING your locale is set up with those towers. If so it would be more beneficial to purchase the AWS band phone if u care about performance.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
In general tmobIle and att use compatible phones. It will work on both carriers.

BUT

Recently Apple released a special AWS band phone that takes advantage of tmobIle latest high speed technology ASSUMING your locale is set up with those towers. If so it would be more beneficial to purchase the AWS band phone if u care about performance.
So the AWS phones will be the ones for the 4g speeds? which would come directly from t-mobile?

Reason why i am asking is someone on craigslist in my area is selling these phones by the bulk which i wanted to get some information because i am not sure if and which carrier they are coming from.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Yes those are the 4G. Google to find out the exact model(s) of those phones, is an Axxxx.

CL bulk? Hope they are not "hot."

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I am trying to get more info i texted one of the guys to try and get some more info. If thats the case and they are good i was thinking about buying what he had in supply. Was just trying to figure out if the 4g just crossed between carriers.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
4g just crossed between carriers.
"4G" is a generic term, just like "high-speed."

Every carrier so called "4G" is a little different. If you take the time to scan the posts here, u will see, as far as today, the tmobile 4G is faster than ATT's 4G.

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5720

List of iphone 5 that have full support of tmobiles frequencies.