Question iphones and diff carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sotorious, Jun 16, 2013.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Ok so now that the iphone is supported on all carriers if not all most.

My question here is ok say i am on t-mobile and i buy an iphone 5 someone who has it on AT&T in the newer update will i be able to get the bands for t-mobile to work? or it has to be a specific iphone for t-mobile.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

In general tmobIle and att use compatible phones. It will work on both carriers.

BUT

Recently Apple released a special AWS band phone that takes advantage of tmobIle latest high speed technology ASSUMING your locale is set up with those towers. If so it would be more beneficial to purchase the AWS band phone if u care about performance.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

So the AWS phones will be the ones for the 4g speeds? which would come directly from t-mobile?

Reason why i am asking is someone on craigslist in my area is selling these phones by the bulk which i wanted to get some information because i am not sure if and which carrier they are coming from.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yes those are the 4G. Google to find out the exact model(s) of those phones, is an Axxxx.

CL bulk? Hope they are not "hot."

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am trying to get more info i texted one of the guys to try and get some more info. If thats the case and they are good i was thinking about buying what he had in supply. Was just trying to figure out if the 4g just crossed between carriers.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

"4G" is a generic term, just like "high-speed."

Every carrier so called "4G" is a little different. If you take the time to scan the posts here, u will see, as far as today, the tmobile 4G is faster than ATT's 4G.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not quite. Get the specific model number and compare to what the carrier uses. Same as it ever was.

8. Akack macrumors 6502a

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5720

List of iphone 5 that have full support of tmobiles frequencies.