Question: Is this meme offensive? Why or why not?

BernyMac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
USA
Meh, the people who find it offensive often believe the reasoning why they find it offensive. The people who don't also often believe the same way.

Both side often think they are right.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Now this sounds like the "locker room" talk that I know of.

I think it's an acute observation.

In an extreme sense it is sexist as it portrays the women as just a piece of meat.
they are whatever they wish to be, some dress to impress others wear burkas :eek: if women dress with their breast almost out and I stare I am the pervert, if I walk with my penis out and they stare at it I am STILL the pervert, you can't win I tell you :(

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
they are whatever they wish to be, some dress to impress others wear burkas :eek: if women dress with their breast almost out and I stare I am the pervert, if I walk with my penis out and they stare at it I am STILL the pervert, you can't win I tell you :(
You need to wear jeans under the assless chaps.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I say that's a win-win for everybody! Maybe with the exception of you, but midgets are discriminated all the time - so who cares? :D

I never read Ebert but I doubt that this quote would have made him famous. A bit on the nonsense side of things. I also don't think you'd have to be on the extreme side to read this as sexist. I read it as some cheap attention grabbing nonsense that fell extremely out of time and I doubt, no idea, that it's an rather old quote.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Dear reader. I have to admit that while attending a movie preview that had more women than men. I couldn't stop staring at smorgeousborg of tatas. Do women wear shirts that show their tatas for other women?
I thought memes were supposed to be clever.

That's just a dumb observation.

So yeah, I'm offended by that meme, because it doesn't contain an ounce of wit, cleverness or insight.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I thought memes were supposed to be clever.

That's just a dumb observation.

So yeah, I'm offended by that meme, because it doesn't contain an ounce of wit, cleverness or insight.
because it's not a meme.. it's a quote.

It's Roger Ebert, he doesn't have an ounce of wit, cleverness or insight.
Actually he was quite witty and had tremendous insight. He's also dead as previously mentioned. But if you think those things of him, you clearly didn't read his reviews or, more importantly, his other works.

Reactions: Thomas Veil