Question - New iPod or iPhone as iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mryanwalker, Sep 13, 2012.

1. mryanwalker macrumors newbie

I plan on purchasing the iPhone 5, and I'm trying to decide on capacity.

I currently have a 16GB iPhone 4, and it's served me well. I've never really had to delete anything to free up space, but I don't keep a ton of music on it. I have a 16GB iPod nano. However, I have about 20GB of music, so I have to pick and choose which songs get put onto my iPod...for me, that's like asking me to pick between my children - haha.

My question is whether I should buy an iPhone and larger iPod, or if I should just use that money to purchase a larger capacity iPhone. Would all that music slow my phone down?

2. lazard macrumors 65816

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

More music would definitely not slow down your phone. Get the 32gb iPhone and save your money.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Just buy the larger capacity iPhone.

I have a 16GB iPhone which I store absolutely no music on (I have a Rdio account, so I stream music in my car). I also have a 64GB iPod which has all my music on it. I only bring my iPod with me when I'm going on a long car trip and going to and from work. It can be a PITA to remember to bring two devices with you everyday.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Do you want to carry and sync one device or two? I'm getting the 64.

What slows the phone down is having next to no free space, always have at least 500MB free.

6. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

+1
    you can never have too much capacity. like so many things in life, there is never too much.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Does it slow down your nano, current phone, or computer? Just to note, while it won't slow the device down, it will make it heavier.