Question of Verizon iPhone *don't click here if you are sick of hearing about Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by classie787, Jan 9, 2011.

1. classie787 macrumors member

Just curious--

I'll admit. I've never paid a cent for any of my cell phones. Probably because if I did, I would not have a cell phone. I just don't have a real need, believe it or not. But anyways my parents put me on the family Verizon plan, and I've had various simple phones for about seven years now.

Anyways, for Christmas, the 'rents bought me a Droid X. Seeing as how I really don't need the internet or all the fancy gadgets of a smartphone, I kindly asked for them to return it. I think they paid about $350 at a Sams Club for the phone, and will continue to pay the entire family Verizon plan and now the necessary data charges for the Droid X. So basically, I'm thinking this will be:

$350 phone + $30 (at least)/month data for two years =$1070/2 yr contract. That's what they dished out for Xmas on me this year. OUCH.

Again, I've tried to have them return the phone and return the plan back to normal (i.e. no data charges) but they didn't listen and today finally activated the Droid X. My cheap-o Samsung phone no longer works. Sigh.

I know it is a great gift and I appreciate their generosity. However, I do have a question. I have an iPod Touch (4th gen) 32GB. If the Verizon iPhone came out in February (again, IF) would I be able to switch the Droid X for an iPhone? Are the data plans the same? That way I could at least sell the iPod Touch and have one less gadget...plus I love the iPhone 4 (and latest generation Touch) screen resolution, app selection, size, and simplicity to use. The Droid seems a little too bulky and I'm not so sure the interface is as user friendly.

Oh well, just a thought.

2. GolpherZX macrumors newbie

The actual pricing is unknown yet. Some believe that because ATT charged iPhone users (unfairly IMO) that Verizon would do the same. If they go off of usage, Android phones will actually use more data than the iPhone does. So going off of that thought, the current pricing plans should be the same. Again, this is strictly opinion. If they do charge extra, I may rethink my upcoming plan to move to the iPhone on VZW myself.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since nothing has been officially announced, no one knows. You would be better off OP to wait until Verizon lists the plans and then contact them with your questions.