Question on buying concert tickets for the wife

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puma1552, Jan 21, 2014.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Decided I'd get my wife a pair of Bruno Mars concert tickets for a concert coming up in June. On the Bruno Mars website, it says tickets aren't on sale until February 3rd.

I went to the ticket master website, and his event in our city does not show up in the results.

Somehow I ended up on a site called ticketscheckout.com, which I've never heard of and have no idea how I got there but it was while trying to get to ticketmaster (errant click? autofill even though I've never been to that site? anyway…). This site has his event in my city listed, and says that tickets are available and on sale, and from the sound of it a lot of the tickets are already sold.

Is this legit? How can they be for sale on one site but not on ticket master and not according to the artist's own page?

EDIT: Tickets are already on stub hub too? wtf?

2. johnmadden78 macrumors member

Have you gone to Bruno Mars' website and checked for a link to tickets there?

http://www.brunomars.com/moonshinejungletour

Artists/venues/promoters aren't always locked in to Ticketmaster, at least not for the entire tour. It's increasingly rare, but it does happen!

3. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

It's not at all uncommon for a concert to not be listed on an artist's official page, but is already scheduled and tickets on sale. There is a particualr venue that I go to to see a lot of conerts and I usually go directly to their site and they'll have the shows listed and I buy tickets directly through the venue (they link out the tickets to a third party off of their website).

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I use stubhub all the time. try to get the instant download unless you want actual ticket stubs from the concert.

5. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks guys, so I guess I should buy now since it's apparently almost sold out already.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have bought and sold on StubHub and have never had a problem.