Resolved Question on my iPhone 5 order!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackwills, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jackwills, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

jackwills macrumors regular

jackwills

I ordered my at&t full discount upgrade iPhone 5 at apple online store on Sunday 11/11. I got my confirmation email, money deducted from my bank account, everything is fine. Today, I checked on my online banking again, the payment or the hold for the iPhone is gone, the amount of money is given back to me. I wonder if my order get cancelled or something, but when I check the order status, it showed that its still processing, will ship in 2-3 weeks. Is that normal?? I understand that apple won't charge, they will only put the money on hold, until the phone leave their warehouse, but the thing, is the money WERE actually appeared on hold, then it was given back to me! The hold is totally gone! I afraid that my order has already been cancelled, I just haven't get any notice about it yet. Anyone can tell me what happened?
    Thank you

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

You will be fine - if your order still says pending

3. jackwills thread starter macrumors regular

jackwills

cause it is strange that the money is given back to me... not even putting the money on hold any more...

4. Ngwidener macrumors member

They did the same thing to me. Finally charged when it shipped.

5. jackwills thread starter macrumors regular

jackwills

Money were on hold then came back to the account then finally deducted?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you will be fine.

7. Ngwidener macrumors member

Yeah, it shows a hold so they know the card will be approved.

8. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

They put the hold on your card to make sure the money is there. Your bank drops the hold after a certain amount of time if a charge doesn't actually come through then when you phone ships you will be charged, they don't actually charge you until the product ships. This is the same for anything you order online, heck even back when you would order things from catalogs back in the olden days before the internet and online shipping. It's not unusual, it's perfectly normal. There are way too many uptight people on MR this morning! LOL!

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I ordered from AT&T and they put the money back in my account. When I received my iPhone 5 yesterday they deducted the money this morning.