Question: Push Missed Calls to iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mastricks, Dec 17, 2011.

1. mastricks macrumors newbie

Hey guys, first of all hi! Been reading the forums a few days and decided to subscribe. I have a question regarding iPhone/iPad apps; thing is, I just bought an iPad yesterday :D and I'm currently in the "finding stuff" part of the process and had a question regarding a specific app or function. Here's the thing;

I'm a freelance musician, and as such I don't work a normal schedule and have no assigned days or set hours or anything like that. As expected, I pretty much live glued to my 3GS since I can get called to work a gig at any moment. Thing is, I was just wondering, especially since they're both iDevices, if there was a way to have my iPad notify me when I get a new text or miss a call on my iPhone. I intend to use my iPad for reading a lot, especially news and RSS feeds. Since I'll probably grab my iPad instead of the phone when I wake up now, it'd be really useful if there was a way to get this info pushed there, or at least to my e-mail. Thank you very much for reading!

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

for texts: kind of. imessage will allow you to text anyone who has an iDevice running iOS 5 with your iPad (and receive the texts), but it isn't quite as seamless as apple let on when they announced it. As long as the text is sent to your iMessage email address, not your phone number, it will come to your iPhone. So people who you will be texting have to know you want them to send messages to your email, not your phone number (and they have to actually do it, which i find people dont).

as far as calls, no, that is unfortunately not available (its one of the features I love about the BB Playbook...you can use it as a total extension of your BB)

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you *really* want this functionality, use a Google Voice number for your contact number. Google will email you about any missed calls, so your ipad would notify you of such.