Question Regarding iPhone 5 Speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bshef, Sep 29, 2012.

1. bshef macrumors member

I realize there are numerous factors that contribute to the speed/responsiveness/snappiness(?)...(the current OS, amount of data on the device itself, data speeds, etc.. )

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 like many here, and the increase in processing (correct me if I am wrong) speed is one of my favorite features of the 5. I'm talking strictly about speed of the device itself.

My question is.. and may be tough to answer.

Will this 'responsiveness' diminish dramatically over the lifetime of the phone? Which I'll say is two years.. Based on upgrading timelines. If possible, what factors contribute to this slowdown and are there any steps one can take to minimize the effects?

I know very little about this. If anyone could shed some light it will be appreciated. :)

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Don't worry about it and just enjoy the device. If you ever feel it seems slower, just restore as new.

3. bshef thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for sharing

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

FWIW, my 4S felt the exact same all the way up until I gave it to my wife. But like I said, you can always restore as new if you feel you have some issues. Just don't test the speed when using a 3rd party app. It could be the fault of the app and not the device.

5. bshef thread starter macrumors member