Question(s) for te folks who use the IUP ?.. iPhone X related !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Bigglesworth, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

So yesterday I went to the Apple store and talked to a few of the guys. They have also recommended to use the Apple Store app.

Reading up in here I see that folks who are using the IUP ( iPhone Upgrade Program ) checkout much faster.

I just checked mine out and it looks like I am eligible for it. This is my first time doing this. I usually buy my phones outright but I really don’t feel like shelling out almost $1200 ( yikes ! ) for a phone. So this works indefinitely.

So my I have selected to use the IUP through Apple. Will it get added on to my Verizon bill ? Or will it be separate.

Sencond, at a specific screen it says “ continue “ on the bottom. Will that be hightled for me to press at 3:01AM ( I’m in New England ) or will I have to close out the app and then go to my favorites where the phone is and then hit Continue ?

Third, will I have to input any credit card numbers or any other additional steps that I should know about like my account number, etc ?

Want to have it all in front of me for the 27th. I don’t like surprises.

Thanks !

2. Geek95 macrumors newbie

Geek95

The way the iPhone Upgrade Program (as well as Apple’s installment pricing) works is through a loan. When you sign up, it will ask you for your Social Security number to run a credit check. Assuming that everything checks out OK, you will be accepted for a 24-month loan from Citizens One. The monthly cost will be billed to your credit card to pay off the loan.

3. macrumorsperson Suspended

Are you currently enrolled in the IUP?

4. Mr.Bigglesworth thread starter macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Ahh okay. See this is what I dont want to encounter. I will waiste precious seconds.

Do you think I’ll be better off doing it with Verizon directly?