Question to the people that own or know anything about the Intel X25-M SSD.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fel10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

So, I'm thinking about getting the Intel X25-M 160GB SSD, and I wanted to know from the people that owns one, how does it work with ur Mac, are u happy with it, was it easy to install?? And I heard that u have firmware updates for SSD's, so how does that work???? Thanks in advance!

2. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

It works fine under the Snow Leopard drivers, however TRIM is not yet supported, so expect an exponential decay in performance over time due to fragmentation.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. Perdification macrumors regular

Oh well if you go to the OWC website under SSDs you will get an installation video on how to install it. It pretty easy, no sweat.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Mine works very well. No installation issues. Firmware upgrade utility works on the Mac.

If you must, you can perform a secure erase on the SSD every couple months and then restore you system, but I haven't found the need to that.

7. kasakka macrumors 68000

Works great and the lack of TRIM in OSX hasn't resulted in any perceivable degradation in speed. At this point I'd wait until Intel releases their next generation SSDs, you'll most likely get double the space for the same money.

8. bamf macrumors 6502

Mine is still cranking along, and this is the second MBP that I've had it in. I haven't noticed any slowdown at all.