Question: two iPhone 5 phones within one iTunes PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dylanursula, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

All. A quick question. My wife and I both have iPhone4 phones which we sync with our iTunes. Two different iCloud accounts but one iTunes account. We would like to setup our iPhone5 phones as new phones but keep our individual game data, contacts, app statuses etc. is it possible and if so how? Thanks so much

2. Jnyce macrumors regular

umm hmmm back up each phone to the icloud and when new phone comes restore your stuff from the icloud...my suggestion

3. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Jnyce, does this work if you set the phone up as new?

4. trevorlc macrumors member

I had deal with something similar recently, heres what Id id.

I was on a mac for the main syncing computer, so I made a second user account on my computer for the 2nd phone as that is a completely virgin iTunes. Then I just copied the iTunes content I wanted to share with the second phone, logged that iTunes into my iTunes apple ID. Then on the Phones I only associated each one with their respective iCloud.

Don't know if it needs to be that complicated but it worked for me.

I'm curious how many people are going to get all messed up with the iMessage & facetime being able to associate with multiple AppleID's now.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

i do not use icloud, but my wife and I have one itunes account and use ONE pc to do backups with. It keeps our data and contacts separate. I am able to select which apps go to which phone. And which phone gets which videos, music, photos.

6. Jnyce macrumors regular

yeah i have my phone and my wife's phone on one mac with itunes and manually manage our content separately but we do use icloud to keep our contacts and such for restoring.

7. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. We use iCloud under two different accounts so hopefully we can setup that way!

8. TannerH macrumors regular

1. Get a Mac.
    2. I'm pretty sure that you can use a different AppleID for the App store as for the iCloud backups. That's what I do with my family. When setting up the device, set it up using the iCloud backup AppleID. Then, go into the settings and change the App Store AppleID to be your shared AppleID.