Question with moving songs to my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GIZBUG, Dec 27, 2011.

1. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I just reinstalled windows 7, and put itunes back on. In Itunes, under my phone, I have "manually manage music and videos." I like to manually add and take off songs from my phone.

I use to be able to move music to my itunes library, and then drag it to my phone. Right now, I have 800 songs in my itunes library, but they are all on the icloud (itunes match). It will not let me move those songs to the phone. It says They are only available in the icloud. Does this mean I have to readd the songs to my itunes library to copy them to my phone?

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

Have you created a new playlist? In the past that worked for me, I had a "iphone" playlist.

Now, I do not use music on my iphone as I carry a nano at all times

3. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

4. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I make a playlist in itunes, called iphone. Then just sync that playlist?

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

When you're using iTunes Match, you have to add the music from the cloud, via your phone. You can no longer sync from iTunes.

A playlist will sync, but you'll still have to download the songs on your phone!

6. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I think the problem was when you reinstalled windows.... that right there messed everything up....

7. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Thanks, Is there a way when shuffling songs on my phone, that it skips over the songs i didnt download from the cloud? seems to get stuck on shuffle with songs that were not downloaded.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It'll do that if your data connection is a little shaky and the download isn't working as fast as it should. You can avoid it by scrolling to the bottom of your playlist and selecting download all ahead of time.

9. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Thanks, didnt want all the songs in my cloud, on my phone though