Questions about AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ObsidianBlade, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

So after looking into pre-ordering online (which I won't do because I'd have to wait till like October), I found that I would need to pay a $150 deposit. I have some questions

1. Does the deposit get taxed too? Or is it iPhone + tax + deposit?
    2. I can get a 16% business discount through Pep Boys. Will I be able to do that in store on launch day?
    3. Will they have iPhones in stock on launch day for those who didn't pre-order like they did last year? Last year I walked in at around 5pm on launch and they had quite a few in stock.

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4)

1. No, there's no tax on a deposit.

2. You should be able to apply the discount at the store. Keep in mind it's a service discount, no discount on the hardware.

3. Hard to say, since the preorder sold out so fast I'm guessing no.

3. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch for replying

1. Sweet

2. What information would I need with me when I go? Would the FAN number suffice? And do I need to pay first month's bill then too or just the $500 something?

3. Oh noes!

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

They'll have phones in stock, how many is the $64,000 question.

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

You would need the FAN number and probably something that proves you work for whatever company is giving the discount, ie a business card or an id badge, etc.
    You should only have to pay for the device and the deposit on day one, the bill will arrive in the mail. Keep in mind the first bill is always high, as you are paying for the month you just used AND the month coming up.