Questions about buying an ipad 2 in Swiss apple store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kramerica2, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kramerica2 macrumors regular

I flying abroad soon, and would have a few hours stop at Zurich. My plan is to get an ipad 2 in the apple retail store while I'm there. The thing is, I'm worried about issues I might have with the iPad such as backlight bleeding. My plan is to check the device as soon as I get it and ask to replace it if I'll see anything. I know that it's hard to see with the store's lighting, but I'll find a way. Basically I'd like to hear from any Swiss members around here:
    1. What's the refund policy at this store? In case they won't replace it, can I just get a full cash refund instantly after I opened the box and turned the device on?
    2. Should there be any problem finding a 32GB WIFI model in stock?
    3. Does the Apple store support tax free shopping for foreigners (global blue)?

Thanks a lot

2. Candy83 macrumors newbie

I am not sure about the backlight bleeding, but I just learned this past weekend that you can't just stop into the store to purchase an ipad 2. You need to go online after 9 pm and try and reserve one for the next day (there's no guarantee one will be available for the next day, so you have to keep trying every night at 9 until there's one available). You will have to google search for Apple Store Bahnofstrasse and then you will see on the main page a Reserve button for the Ipad 2. Good Luck!!

3. kramerica2 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought about it, but my flight is in 4 weeks. Hopefully stock levels would be higher by then. I'm also pretty flexible about the model, and if needed willing to pay a bit more for a higher speced model.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Be careful! I bought mine in Switzerland and didn't open the box til I got home.

[​IMG]

5. kramerica2 thread starter macrumors regular

:D

BTW, do they limit the number of iPads I can buy? Assuming they have non-reserved stock, can I buy 7 or 8 iPads?