Questions about pre-ordering iPhone 6 Plus.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reminisce32, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

I've never pre-ordered an iPhone before, so I have a few questions.

Can I pre-order by calling my local Apple store, or only online?

If I pre-order online, can I pick it up in-store on release day or will I have to wait for shipping that could be received later than release day?

Are there any cons to pre-ordering that I might not be aware of?

Thanks.

2. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

They don't offer a pick up in-store, especially not on launch day (at least not to my knowledge, I'd be VERY surprised if they did). I've pre-ordered a few times and in my experience it got there on the day each time so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

3. Reminisce32 thread starter macrumors regular

Reminisce32

So it got shipped and was delivered to you on the release day?

4. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yup. They "arrive" a day early usually (at least where I'm from) and they leave for delivery early that morning. They usually get all staff on board for events like this. Apple use a specific courier service here so they know when to ramp up service to meet demands.

5. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I have also preordered before and got it same day it launched, so I'm preordering again this time. Just make sure you preorder within minutes of the preorders going live or you will have to wait.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've gone the pre-order path before and almost always gotten it on launch day. I thought there was an option even on pre-orders to pick it up at the store, though I'd avoid that like the plague.