Questions about selling a 'no commitment' full price $599 16GB that I bought today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Jun 24, 2010.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Due to the issues we all experienced on 6/15 in order the iPhone 4, I reserved one for pickup at the AT&T store today. I was not eligible for the upgrade price or even the early upgrade price but still bought one for $599, without any commitment/contract. A couple questions about this:

1. I have an iPhone 3GS that is still the activated phone on my account (the iPhone 4 is still in the packaging). If I try to sell the new phone, will the buyer have any problem in activating it? Will it be somehow tied/locked to my account?

2. Will my upgrade eligibility change after buying a no-commitment phone? I've checked with AT&T on this and they said no but I wonder if this purchase from the Apple store will take a while to hit their system?

2. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

There won't be a problem at all!

I got at full price, no questions asked, not even ATT information! So it does not have anything to do with your current ATT contract! :apple:

3. acousticbiker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Now there's a complication: they disabled by current iPhone 3GS SIM and tied the new iPhone 4 SIM to my account! AT&T says that the Apple store should not have done this but also shows that my contract is unchanged. If I disable the new SIM from my account (so that I can co tinue using the 3GS), will the buyer have to get a new one from AT&T? Do they even have microSIMs to provide? I've hear that iPhone 4 is the only one using the new SIM design so far.