Questions about transferring photos/videos from an iPhone to a Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanw, Sep 10, 2015.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

I'm an Android user, and am planning to get the new 6S+

I currently use either Dropbox or OneDrive to synch my photos and videos taken from my phone to the cloud, and when I get home, I simply drag the images out of the Dropbox or OneDrive folder, and to whichever location I like. I then have to manually go through the photos and videos on my phone and delete them after I ensure that they are safely on my Mac. I also use my unlimited data plan with VZW to do this either over cellular or WiFi so I can share them from wherever I am.

1. How is this done through iOS? Do all photos/videos synch to the Photos program on a Mac?
    2. If so, can this be done over my unlimited data plan or does it only happen when connect via WiFi?
    3. Does it compress the quality of any photos/videos when being transferred over cellular/WiFi?
    4. Does it somehow automatically delete the photos/videos from the phone after they are transferred to free up space?

Thanks!

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I use image capture and do it manually every once in a while. i don't believe that compresses them at all.

i do have amazon prime that automatically uploads them... but i still do it manually myself via image capture cuz i'm paranoid!