Questions about Upgrading (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacobi, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Jacobi macrumors newbie

1. I have one of four iPhones on a Verizon account. We all four got our iPhones, and originally started the account, in August 2011. The two year contract ended a month ago and my dad (who owns the account) renewed the contract, but none of us have upgraded our phones. If I upgrade to a 5S next week, do I need to renew the two-year contract again, since a month has gone by?

2. What information does Apple need to give you the upgrade from their end? Just the account number? I'm not the account holder myself but I am a designated admin on the account.

Thanks for the help!

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

That's odd, haven't heard of anyone renewing a contract without upgrading.

1. Contract will need to be renewed again if you purchase a phone a subsidized price.

2. Apple will need the primary account holder present. Not sure what being admin allows you to do.

3. Jacobi thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know whether having last 4 digits of SSN or other info can be a substitute for their presence? (We're in different parts of the country.)

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they would verify your identity via government ID if in person. Only time they would care about the last 4 social is over the phone.