Questions concerning iPhone 6 pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rct2guy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. rct2guy macrumors newbie

rct2guy

Hey all, I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 two years ago through AT&T (I think?) and it all worked out very well. Page-loading was annoying, but I received my phone just a couple days after release.

Unfortunately, that's really all I remember, and I'm growing concerned that I may not have all the information I need to pre-order successfully this Friday. I have a few questions some of you vets may be able to help me with.

Firstly, if I pre-order through Apple or AT&T, will I need any other information besides my phone number, zip code, and last four digits of my social? I don't think there's a password or anything, but I may be wrong.

Second, while my contract doesn't expire until the 14th of the month, my sister's already has (we're both under a family plan). Can I use her upgrade without much hassle from Apple or AT&T? Do I even need to? I checked for eligibility via the Apple Store website using my number and it told me I was eligible, but I just want to verify that I'll still be able to order on Friday.

Third, any predictions for this Friday? Think the store will be as overloaded as it was when the 5 released? What stores do you recommend pre-ordering from?

Thanks a ton for all your help! Good luck with your pre-orders, as well!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If the website is saying you are eligible, then you are elgigible. No reason to use another line's upgrade (unless you come up with one lol).

If you are pre-ordering you will need a valid credit card on file. This is to pay the out of pocket part (contract phones) or tax, should there be any in your state.

The website will most definitely be overwhelmed. Try to use the app (I have heard good things, less to load) and hope for the best. Make sure you have updated things like your mailing address, billing info, etc. BEFOREHAND.

3. kaiguy macrumors member

I've always upgraded via Apple (which I prefer anyway if I need to return it), and it's always been seamless. As long as you've checked your upgradability on the Apple site and it says you're good, you're good.

On the release of the 5, the websites were slammed and it was unbearably slow, but after about 10 attempts at getting through various parts of the process, it went through. My iPhone 5 arrived on my doorstep on the day of public availability. Tracked it on FedEx all the way from China. Apple's supply chain is crazy good.

4. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

The fact that you can pre-order online and receive it on your doorstep on launch day makes the thought of waiting in line for 15+ days absolutely absurd!