Questions for fans of No Country For Old Men. (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kavika411, Jan 18, 2008.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Spoiler alert.

I've seen NCFOM twice now, and think it is a flawless movie. I have not read the book. Can anyone help me figure out a couple of minor points that bother me?

(1) Do we know how/why Shagur (sp?) was arrested in the very, very beginning of the movie?

(2) Am I right that the guy in the suit in the office - who Shagur goes and shoots - hired both Shagur AND a separate Mexican posse (for lack of a better phrase) to retrieve the money?

(3) Who were the two Texan-looking guys who Shagur shoots at the "crime scene" at night at the beginning of the movie? Were they also hired by the guy in the suit in the office? If they were all hired by the guy in the suit in the office, why did Shagur kill them? Are we to assume Shagur is not for hire; rather you think you are hiring him but as soon as you tell him what you are looking for he double crosses you to keep the loot?

Thanks.

2. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Just a thought for those of us who haven't seen it yet - you might want to put *SPOILERS* in your thread title or something. I had to scroll past really quickly because I didn't wanna ruin it for myself. :D

3. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Well, the first two words of the thread are "Spolier Alert", but I'll add it to the thread title, too.

4. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Thanks. :) The first two words is actually what made me skip the content. :)