Queue up on Saturday morning?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmwebs, Sep 21, 2012.

1. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Quick question for anyone with launch experience. What are my chances of queueing up tomorrow morning (Saturday)? Tried phoning around all Apple stores in the London area, all give the same answer - 'we have no idea when we're getting more in stock'.

I was thinking about turning up at my nearest store (Watford, UK) tomorrow morning to see if I can grab one from a (possible) overnight shipment.

Is it worth bothering, or will all iPhones be reserved for those who didnt get one in the queues today?

If this is out of the question, would it be worth walking in one morning next week?

2. miguelq macrumors regular

Last year I had several friends that went to the Apple Store on Saturday instead of Friday and they were done within 2 hours. Showed up a couple of hrs early and not even half of the people compared to Friday. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow as well.

3. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Cool - thanks for that :) I've got no work done today, been trying to figure out a way of getting one ASAP :D

Looks like I'm off to Watford tomorrow morning. It's in a shopping center and opens at 9:00 am. They opened the doors at 6:00am this morning but I would assume it'll be a bit later tomorrow!

4. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Had to laugh - spoke to the shopping center in Watford, asking if they planned on having an early-opening for the queue again...they said no, and that there probably wouldnt be anyone there anyway as the Next sale starts :rolleyes:

Still not convinced I'm going to have any luck...dont the pre-orders pick up on Saturday?