Queues in London Apple Stores on Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justjax, Sep 18, 2012.

1. justjax macrumors regular

Okay, so I missed out on the pre-order so only option is to queue on Friday. I'm planning on getting the Black 64GB, but buying the phone outright (SIM/contract free) so only option is one of the Apple stores. Any thoughts on which of the 4 main London Apple stores (Regent St, Covent Garden, Westfield London, Westfield Stratford City) would be the better one to queue at? I can't afford to queue for 4+ hrs as I've read some people did for the 4S.

I'm assuming either of the two Westfield's are likely to have the smaller queues, but I guess less stock too and therefore likely to run out quicker than the two flagship ones? I don't mind queuing from about 6:30-7am, but I need to be able to get to work by 10am at the latest. Any tips?

2. ishi macrumors newbie

I know you said you dont want to queue for 4+ hours but if you need to be at work for 10am there is no chance you will get one queing at 6am you will have to aim around 2-3 am just to be in the top 50 - people who camp outside from a day before. my experice on relases dates are head up at mid night to be in the top 20 get yours by 9:20 and work for 10am at ease

3. Xenoxide macrumors member

I walk past the Regent St store on my way to work every morning and there have been people queuing outside (Chairs and sleeping bags included) since it was announced on Wednesday. I'd say there's about 10 people there right now and they're growing by a couple every day, so your chances of a less than 4 hour queue on Friday morning are slim.

I doubt Covent Garden will be much better. Haven't got a clue about the Westfield's.

4. justjax thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if I was in the top 20 people (by heading there at midnight) then surely it wouldn't take an hour and 20 mins (store opens at 8am) for the first 20 people to get in and pay for their iPhones? As much I really want the new iPhone on Friday, i'm really not the type to queue out over night, especially when I have to work the next day. I think I might just chance going along to Westfield about 6:30 and see how big the queue is. :(

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Try googling for 'Iphone queues' and you will see photos of the queues for the last Iphone. Scary.

6. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

why do you need to queue? will they be sold out? if so how long before apple stores get more? i doubt it will be more than a few days.

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

For the 4 and 4S, there were lines for months as people were buying iPhones to sell abroad in markets where the iPhone isn't offered.

Remember, factory unlocked iPhones are available from day 1 at Apple's UK stores, and London is where this action goes down.

If they run out on Friday (which they probably will not), you'll have to get your phone by Saturday or maybe Sunday.

Otherwise, you'll have to order on Apple.Com or through the store for a pickup.

8. JesalTV Guest

People are still queueing for the last iPhone? :eek:

:rolleyes:

9. justjax thread starter macrumors regular

My problem is that I have already 'sold' but not sent my 4S to one of the online mobile recycling sites and I only have until 26th to get it to them or I lose the agreed price (I signed up the day before before the Keynote and its dropped £45 since) so if I don't get it Friday or latest Saturday I'd either have to go without my phone for a few days or accept the new lower price for my 4S.

10. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

you dont have an old candy bar phone laying about or no friends who have one spare?. I have an old nokia 6330 in case of emergencies :) (damn good battery life & signal strength btw)

[​IMG]