Quick question about AT&T iphone upgrade pricing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lazysushi, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Lazysushi macrumors newbie

I've never had a phone upgrade before, so I'm clueless when it comes to things like this, but I just checked and this is what the ATT message said:

"We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at 2-year commitment pricing+ $250 along with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 dollar upgrade fee."

So how much is the 2-year commitment price for a new 4S 16 gig? I'm assuming something like 200 dollars or thereabouts.

Thanks for any info!

I've been scouring the forums and I haven't found much that answers this question exactly, but I'll be sure to keep checking and if I find an answer I'll close this thread.

Thanks guys c:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It says it clearly.
    2 year commitment pricing ($200) + $250 and an $18 upgrade fee.
    So let me get my calculator out:D
    $468

3. Dallious macrumors member

It means 250.00 plus the upgrade price of 199.00 for 16gig for a total of 449.00
    unless you wait for when you can get a full upgrade than it would be 199.00 hope this helps

4. Lazysushi thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I just wanted to be extra sure on this.

Thanks for the help :)

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'm such an iPhone addict, I buy a new one each year.

The approach I take is to call AT&T customer service the day each new iPhone is released. With courtesy & honesty I simply explain I would like the new model & ask for a goodwill discount. When they say no, I thank the person for his / her courtesy & ask for a supervisor.

Knowing they are the decision makers that can help, I remind them of my loyalty. In each case they've extended a discount for the new iPhone I called to order. By 10:30am five days later FedEx is delivering my phone.