Quick Question About Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshin100, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jshin100 macrumors member

jshin100

I don't know if this is the appropriate section to post in, but here it goes. So my sister has a contract with Verizon already. She's giving me the option of being added to her line. (I was initially going to start a new line of service with Sprint) We of course would be switching her contract to a Share Everything plan with us sharing 8 gigs of data between us. I'm in Chicago and she's in Nashville. Is it possible for me to add myself to her account with us not being in the same state? Also, is the pricing different for previous contract holders? Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong section for this type of question.

2. thaghost macrumors 6502

It shouldn't matter. My dads girlfriend is on her daughters plan. Her daughter lives in Missouri and she lives in Indiana.

3. jshin100 thread starter macrumors member

jshin100

Thanks thaghost for responding. Good to know!

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

No you cannot add yourself to her account. She would have to add you. She might be able to add you as a signer then you could buy the phone.

5. jshin100 thread starter macrumors member

jshin100

Well I mean with her authorization. I'm not going in the store just asking, "Oh hey add me to my sisters line." I meant with her over the phone or something to that nature. What is a signer? How does that work?

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

she maybe able to just call and say you will be going to a local store and to let you add a line to your account.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

Yup, it won't matter. One of my lines is in VA and the other is in MD. She can even make it do you get a local to you phone number.