Quick question: Replacing battery = wipe memory?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Aug 9, 2012.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I want to take my iPhone 4S into a genius bar because of a rapidly draining battery. I was wondering, if they replace it, does it wipe anything from the phone or will all my apps, files etc still be intact after the replacement?

Thanks in advance!

2. Skika macrumors 68030

Probably you will receive an new iPhone. Backup'n'restore.

3. wjereb macrumors member

I had an issue with my 4S draining quickly. The genius determined it wasn't the battery but more than likely an errant app running a routine. We tried a restore from iclould but that just brought the problem back. I had to set it up as a new device and add most of my settings like email accounts, etc.

Bill

4. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

They will likely replace the entire phone. As long as you do a backup the night before, everything will be transferred over to your new phone via iCloud or iTunes depending on what option you choose :)

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

They will likely to replace you with the new unit. If they do, just tell them that you want to wipe the phone and they will let you. Just make sure you back up your device before you go.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

You gotta love Apples Customer Service.

If you took your phone back to a shop in the Uk all they would want to do is send the unit away for repair !

Hence this is why I would travel to my nearest apple store which is a train ride away.