Quick question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JeepGirl06, Sep 20, 2012.

1. JeepGirl06 macrumors member

JeepGirl06

Hi all,

I'm going to be getting the iPhone 5 but since I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet, I will be using my friends upgrade. She isn't eligible until Oct 7th, but will be on vacation until the 12th, and Verizons site has a date of Oct 12th on their site now. What do you think the chances of me getting an iPhone by walking into a location after the 12th are? I will be calling the location before we go, but just wanted some opinions from people who have been through this before, possibly...I'll be coming from an android phone so have never experienced pre-orders or the after effects lol

Thanks!

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I think by then your chances will be pretty good.

3. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

I hope so!! I wanted to pre-order so bad, but since it's not my upgrade I'm using, I kinda have to go by her rules lol! She will be getting my Razr MAXX once I get the iPhone 5 :)

Thanks again for your quick reply :)

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I fear this might be like the iPhone 4 launch with stores being sold out and receiving very few shipments until the preorders are satisfied especially with the aggressive overseas launch Apple has planned.

5. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

So my chances might not be good? I'm confused lol

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

As nobody here can even give a good answer about tomorrow, they surely do not know about the 12th. Really?

And, please... when posting here, try to include a descriptive subject/title. Can you imagine if everybody just used "quick question?"

7. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Are you going to the Verizon store or Apple? Apple should have way more phones, but by then, it might not be an issue.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Nobody can predict. Iphone 4 launch was a cluster-eff. Apple didn't allow launch day delivery, only reservations, and I don't think they anticipated the huge demand, hence the prolonged shortages. This time around, I think they may have gotten their act together. I don't think it will be as hard to get as the 4 was.

9. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

I'm sorry ..I'm new here..no need to be rude ..sheesh!

----------

We will be going to a Verizon store...thanks for your input! :)

10. abtm macrumors member

11. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

I understand that..but was just looking for some opinions... wow!! Talk about making someone feel stupid... hope everyone on this forum isn't as rude as the 2 I've seen here...excuse me for asking! :mad: