Quick questions about anti-glare film and zagg shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by K0P Bacon, Oct 2, 2012.

1. K0P Bacon macrumors member

What is in everybody's opinion the best anti-glare film out there?

Also, what does everybody think about zagg shield?

I was going to use a zagg shield and then put my iPhone 5 in an otterbox. But this will be my first time applying a zagg shield on a device that has a receiver and a camera. So I am a little concerned with it getting wet from the solution. I can always let it sit in a bag full of rice though for almost 24 hours off.

Thank you all for your help. :)

2. WJKramer macrumors 6502

IMO Zagg is the worst product to put on any device. Wet install is risky, rubbery textures hamper multi-touch, clarity is reduced. If you looking for Anti-Glare look at PowerSupportUSA. They announced their films will be available end of this month (Oct). I got inpatient so I ordered SPG Ultra Fine to try out.

I am a huge fan of the Anti-Glare style screen protector.

3. cazzster macrumors newbie

Zagg is absolute junk. They are too thick, prone to lift and collect dirt, dust, etc. I've had Power Support on all of my Iphones. Never had to replace them once I put one on. No lifting, no bubbling. :)

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

These films, of any brand, are an excellent source or income for those who sell them. They employee the tried and true "fear based" technique to sell them.

"what if I scratch my display / phone/ etc."

While I've tried many in the past and had great success with installing them, they do kill the pleasure of a stellar tactile experience as provided by Apple's excellent Oleophobic coating.

Now I don't bother. Instead, I enjoy my iPhones & iPads as Apple designed them to be used.

5. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

^^^ I agree with cazzster, I would not even consider zagg.

My success has been found in SGP films and Ghost Armor. Luckily for me, there is a kiosk located in my local mall. Overall though, my favorite has been the Glas.t so far.

I am still considering checking out Bodyguardz Pure as well.

6. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23