Quick-Reply Problems

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Dj64Mk7, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

When pulling down on a Messages notification, Quick Reply is all messed up and shows multiple typing indicators when there should be none, messages will appear multiple times in the window... is anyone else experiencing this?

2. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Yep. It seems like it gets messed up when the other person is typing and you get the indication for that.

3. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Funny thing is that the typing indicator never appears for me in quick reply.

4. Aftermath747 macrumors regular

Quick reply is all sorts of buggy, and has been since it was introduced. I hope Apple fixes it with iOS 12, at least.

5. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

It's been like this for me since it was first introduced in iOS10. I get multiple "typing" indicators and the order of incoming messages gets all messed up! I've reported it a couple times and it still hasn't changed.

6. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

I was really excited for this when it came out (because I had used it on android messaging apps before (go messages, if I remember correctly), but Apple's implementation is awful. Also as soon as you pull it away, or go away from it, it deletes your entire text. I'd like the message to save as a "draft" in iMessage. If anything comes up, and you have to leave the quick reply, then you're screwed. It creates so much incentive not to use it.

This is aside from all the other general bugs relating to it.

7. DeadKlau5 macrumors member

I reported this keyboard stutter/lag since iOS 11 came out, this annoys me.