Quick Reply

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by bbednarz57, Jul 12, 2017.

1. bbednarz57 macrumors member

bbednarz57

Is there an issue with quick reply in iOS 11? I have the same issue on PB 2 and 3 (iPhone SE). When a text/imessage comes in it does not allow me to long hold to reply to it from the lockscreen. On my iPad it allows me to do the long hold and gives me the option to reply. Have not seen any one post about it so I was wondering is it was some setting that I am not seeing or if its just a bug.

**Disclaimer: Yes I know it is beta software yada yada**

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

You cannot reply from the lockscreen when the iPhone is locked without 3D Touch. Have you tried Touch ID? Hopefully this is just a beta glitch Apple will fix.

3. Feenician Suspended

Feenician

I can reply on a 9.7" iPad Pro (no 3D Touch) on the lock screen just fine and so can the OP. Are you saying this is a bug confined to non 3D Touch iPhones?

4. bbednarz57 thread starter macrumors member

bbednarz57

That is kind of my thinking too, maybe it is just a non-3D touch iPhone bug. It used to be swipe to the left and I could reply with iOS 10. With iOS 11 they are going with the long press, which I kind of like, just trying to confirm it is a bug and not a settings issue.

5. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Seems like it. In iOS 10 I can swipe to view but on 11 long press won't allow it.

6. Feenician Suspended

Feenician

On what device?

Do you have Settings -> TouchId & Passcode -> Reply with Message enabled?

7. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

iPod touch, yes that's enabled. Long press functions exactly like 3D Touch except for this apparent glitch. Not consistent for whatever reason. The only thing is, this was on the older betas, I haven't tried it on the latest yet. I should probably file a report.

8. Feenician Suspended

Feenician

Yep, file a report. I've seen several people say it's not working on non 3D touch devices in the phone form factor now. Seems ok on iPad.