Quick review and pics of my Incipio Feather for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mr.thing, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mr.thing macrumors member

Ok...I was waiting for this parcel for 3 weeks as it was delayed from Hong Kong. Overall case looks ok and feels good and a bit better than those eBay black matted snap on cases ( I have 2 of then now ). But comparing to the older Feather for iPhone 4 I think Incipio dropped in the quality.

Below are few pics with my comments.

The older model feels more rubberized than this new one.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352289091.184621.jpg

New model have more sharp corners and does not feel as smooth as old one. Maybe I should use sand paper to polish it? :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352289132.360688.jpg

Somehow case does not looks like even on all sides. Look on the photo below. It seems like the left side is a bit bigger. Maybe this is because I also have BSE back screen protector in my phone and it does not allow the proper fit? Unlikely...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352289234.267075.jpg

And finally, gaps on the bottom of the case are different on left and right sides.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352289275.639739.jpg

I first thought that maybe I was sold a fake Incipio Feather case but looking on all packaging and comparing to the photos and videos on the net I'm pretty confident it's real case.

Anyone having the same experience with recent Incipio cases?

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

What? A brand name known for overpriced things started to make them in poorer quality? :eek:

3. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

This is certainly because you have wraps on your phone. The case is made thin and made for a naked phone.

4. mr.thing thread starter macrumors member

I have only back protector film from BSE. It's less than 1mm thick. Should it really affect the Feather case?

5. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Absolutely.

6. hamkir macrumors newbie

I have the exact same fitment issues with no skins. The back doesn't sit flush against the phone in the corners, bottom corners particularly. You can actually see light coming in from near the volume buttons through to the gap near the bottom left where it doesn't sit flush.

Pretty disappointing.

7. mr.thing thread starter macrumors member

Ok. Looks like I'm not alone. Wondering if there is anyone who have Incipio Feather that fits perfectly and no sharp edges?

8. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I have one that fits perfect. It's the feather shine.

9. hamkir macrumors newbie

For what its worth, I returned the Feather that I complained about in my last post to Staples, and found another one in different packaging at Walmart (cost less but did not include a screen protector).

The Walmart one fits better, but still not perfect.

10. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Take back skin off and u will see itcwillcbe much better