Quick survey for anyone who has a Bose SoundDock iPod sound system

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rowdawg, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rowdawg macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm doing a marketing paper, and it would help me out if anyone who has a Bose SoundDock could answer these questions. I know this forum is supposed to be for Apple Hardware, but I'm thinking there are people here who have the SoundDock who could help me out. Thanks!

1. What did you want in an iPod speaker system and what criteria did you use to make your purchase?

2. What uses does the SoundDock serve for you? (Do you use it just for yourself, for parties, etc.)

3. What steps did you take before making your purchase?

4. Where did you purchase the product?

5. When did you purchase the product? (Right after getting an iPod, awhile after getting iPod, etc.)

2. ralphbu macrumors newbie

Survey response

1. What did you want in an iPod speaker system and what criteria did you use to make your purchase?

Good bass, overall sound. Didn't really get what I wanted, it's not really any better than the competition, possibly worse.

2. What uses does the SoundDock serve for you? (Do you use it just for yourself, for parties, etc.)

Around the house. Sound is lame when you're not right on top of it, but acceptible otherwise. You can forget it for parties unless you want background noise.

3. What steps did you take before making your purchase?

Listened in the NYC Apple store - not a great listening environment

4. Where did you purchase the product?

6 months ago

5. When did you purchase the product? (Right after getting an iPod, awhile after getting iPod, etc.)

years after my first ipod purchase, probably my 4th ipod dock. The boombox format just is not the best way to go if you have room for anything bigger.

3. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I wasn't really in the market for a speaker system, but my wife noticed I spent a lot of time looking at these when we went into Best Buy, Target, etc. and she got it for me. I guess the overall build quality and robustness are what I like. Other sound docks I looked at seemed cheap, poorly made, or unnecessarily delicate.

I just use mine around the house when I don't want to strap on headphones. A lot of times I'll use it when I'm cleaning or working in the basement. Occasionally I'll hook it up to my daughters portable DVD player when I want to watch a movie and all the other TV's are in use.

Other than looking at them in the display kiosks, none...

My wife got ours at Target. She got an unmentionably good deal.:)

I am on my 2nd iPod, so I'd say it was probably a good 3 to 4 years after I got my first one, and 1 year after my second.

4. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I got it as a birthday present last year. 7 months after I bought the iPod Touch.

5. rowdawg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses so far! I could use one or two more if anyone else wants to contribute.