quicker to buy iphone 3GS on ATT.com or in AT&T Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Jun 20, 2009.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

I'll be a new member to AT&T, so it would be better and quicker to go to the AT&T store and order the phone, or just to do it on AT&T.com?

Also, if I ordered online, would I need to go to the AT&T store to get them to activate it?

thanks.

2. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Shyfe macrumors member

It should be about the same speed for getting it shipped to your house. You will not need to go to the store to activate it.

4. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

how do you get it activated then?

5. Shyfe macrumors member

You plug it into your computer with iTunes already installed and it activates through iTunes.

6. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

it says it will port my number over tomorrow. that would not be good since I will not have the iphone yet, ha.

Will AT&T wait to deactivate my account with Verizon until I get my iPhone 3GS and actually activate it?

7. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

These are all great questions for AT&T, not Apple enthusiast.

Your number shouldn't port over until you actually sign up for service and activate your phone. Until then your contract with Verizon should become a month by month.

Obviously it would be much faster to go into an AT&T store and walk out with an iPhone instead of waiting for it to get shipped to your house.

I returned my iPhone 3G S⃣ to my local AT&T store today and they had plenty in stock.

Enjoy your iPhone, it's incredible.