Quicker way to adjust brightness?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, May 22, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I use it at least once a day, when I am in bed I turn off the lights and turn the brightness down. It is a pain in the ass having to go through 3 steps just to perform this simple adjustment. There should be a shortcut or toggle that instantly changes it to the lower brightness setting.

Before you mention it, auto-brightness sucks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not really. Apple doesn't like these fancy widgets that Android does. I think you can get something like that with jailbreaking but that's about it.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, I'm starting to think the only thing that is really good about the iPhone is the smoothness of the interface; it is incredibly limited and flawed otherwise. Almost outdated

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It depends on how you view it. I did enjoy some aspects of my Droid but there are other aspects I love more about the iPhone. Unfortunately, neither OS is free from desiring more features.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

6. TH55, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I did that a loooong time ago. What's the tweak/shortcut?

7. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Ah yes, something simple that Apple could easily integrate into the iPhone which would be very much welcomed by anybody who praises the iPhone for its speed, yet nothing has been done after 5 iterations of the iPhone.

And if Apple added that feature, Apple diehards would claim that Apple was SUCH AN INNOVATOR for doing it. :eek:

8. briantaylor619 macrumors member

I can't wait for Apple to integrate faster brightness controls into iOS. They are SUCH AN INNOVATOR. I'm sure Samsung will end up copying them on this :mad:

Good enough calidude? ;)

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It takes me less than a second to click settings, click brightness tab, and scroll desired brightness.

Even with SBsettings it's still 3 steps that takes less than a second. Won't make much of a differ.

You guys should write Apple and demand them to include every single Settings, Icon, Dialer, VoiceMail, on one home screen. Basically letting them know you want everything to be one step. :p

10. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

Android phone already have widgets that can change the brightness. More like Apple copying someone else... LOL

Some Android have it on their notification..

11. briantaylor619 macrumors member

Apparently 1 second is too long and 3 clicks is too much work ;)

The sarcasm is not strong with this one.

12. iRobajob macrumors newbie

iRobajob

13. Send72nj macrumors newbie

Your kidding right?????????
    AUTO BRIGHTNESS!!!!!!!!
    NO
    STEPS!!!!!!!!

14. briantaylor619 macrumors member

It's always nice when people read before posting :rolleyes:

15. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Low standards prevent progress. Trust me, in a few years you will look back on the current OS and be shocked at how primitive it actually is.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It's not low standards to expect a menu or process for certain things. Especially when most users don't use it on a frequently basis. Nobody can design an OS to cater to everyone's precise individual needs.

17. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I recommend both. SBsettings is much more robust.

19. lilo777 macrumors 603

But it is a low standard. Maybe not that many Android owners use this feature (although I personally do) but those who need it they have it. And those who believe that phone screen should contain only app icons, can have it too. That's high standard. iOS users will get this feature eventually. Usually it takes Apple a few years to copy Android features.

20. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Springtomize has a setting under AppSwitcher to have the brightness adjustment. But it's still a double click of the home button...

21. matttye macrumors 601

I take it the iPhone doesn't have the same bar as the iPad hidden in the multitasking feature? Double tap home, swipe left in the multitasking bar, there's a bar with brightness and music controls.

22. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

23. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Exactly what I was talking about. But you need to be jail broke with Springtomize. I haven't been on 5.1.1 yet still on 5.0.1 so not sure if new fw has it?

*** Actually it is there WITHOUT the tweak initiated?!***

24. bigboy74 macrumors newbie

You don't need to jailbreak to turn brightness from 100% to 0%. Just go to the lock screen and very quickly press the sleep/wake button twice. If it doesn't work. Try to do it faster. I use it all the time. Very nice shortcut. Here's a link if it helps.
    http://snapguide.com/guides/set-your-brightness-to-0-from-lockscreen/