Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Hey guys,
Just had a few quick questions. I currently have a iPhone 5 through Verizon. It's the black/slate 32GB model. After having it for awhile now I really wish I would have gotten the white model. Now, I know that I will have to pay full price(not losing unlimited data) what's the quickest method of getting a white Verizon 32GB iPhone 5? I looked on eBay and it looks like they are about $200 more than retail but I guess you would have one this week. Just wondering how long it would take through Apple, Verizon website, or Verizon store. Thanks! :)

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys,
Just had a few quick questions. I currently have a iPhone 5 through Verizon. It's the black/slate 32GB model. After having it for awhile now I really wish I would have gotten the white model. Now, I know that I will have to pay full price(not losing unlimited data) what's the quickest method of getting a white Verizon 32GB iPhone 5? I looked on eBay and it looks like they are about $200 more than retail but I guess you would have one this week. Just wondering how long it would take through Apple, Verizon website, or Verizon store. Thanks! :)

Go on Apple's website add it to your cart and then at 10 PM check to see if they have it available to pick up in-store. I've already done this twice it only took me about two days to get a phone.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Hey guys,

if you have $900 order the white 64gb for verizon through the apple store and you will get it almost guaranteed by next friday.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
if you have $900 order the white 64gb for verizon through the apple store and you will get it almost guaranteed by next friday.
Yikes, well I might as well get one off of eBay then shouldn't I? Sorry I forgot to mention I don't have an Apple store near me. Closest one is 2 hours away.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yikes, well I might as well get one off of eBay then shouldn't I? Sorry I forgot to mention I don't have an Apple store near me. Closest one is 2 hours away.

not literally from the apple store, I mean apple's online store. And those going on eBay are more expensive. So you either order a 32gb or 64gb online or take your chances.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Oh, okay now I gotcha. Yes, I honestly would like to stay away from getting one off of eBay. Also, it seems that I'm not "eligible" for an upgrade so it's not letting me purchase one at full price. Anybody got a work around besides calling Apple directly?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Oh, okay now I gotcha. Yes, I honestly would like to stay away from getting one off of eBay. Also, it seems that I'm not "eligible" for an upgrade so it's not letting me purchase one at full price. Anybody got a work around besides calling Apple directly?

add a new line, get it on that line, switch sim cards, pay ETF to cancel line. Total about maybe $20 less than what you would have paid.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Well just called Apple directly and I can't purchase one outright without going to a store. That's kinda jacked up, I figured I could call directly and get it done. So you just order one through the website, add a line, receive phone, then call cancel the line. What's the charge on cancelling the line and will it affect unlimited data on the line I'm currently using?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Well just called Apple directly and I can't purchase one outright without going to a store. That's kinda jacked up, I figured I could call directly and get it done. So you just order one through the website, add a line, receive phone, then call cancel the line. What's the charge on cancelling the line and will it affect unlimited data on the line I'm currently using?

$10 to start a line $325 to close it early so 32 gb would be 299 + 10 = 310 + tax = about $350 + 325 = $675, about the price of buying a 16gb

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
$10 to start a line $325 to close it early so 32 gb would be 299 + 10 = 310 + tax = about $350 + 325 = $675, about the price of buying a 16gb

Okay, now I see the logistics of it! What about it affecting my current line w/ unlimited data?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.