Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I was watching the "Whole Nine Yards" .mov Divx in QT5. I got to a certain Point, and a little window popped up. The scarriest part, was that I could only minimize the window, and Had to force quit QT. Any Ideas as to what it means, or any ideas on how to fix it?

Here is a Screen Shot of what I'm talkin about
(You may need to Ctrl+Click and click on load image to get it to show up)

TEG

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
i get the same thing when watching divx movies in quicktime. You can quit the window that pops up (just press apple + q). It seems to happen when movie is asking a lot of the hardware. Well, that's been my experience anyhow.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Error

I've had those boxes come up with messages as well. It seems to happen with decoding errors. Do you have the latest version of DivX? I haven't gotten an error with the new version yet.

Matthew

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
i had an error window come up this afternoon whilst watching 'Brotherhood of Wolves', and yes, i am using divx bundle 5 for the mac. It's still an alpha version though, so errors every so often are to be expected really

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.